One of the countries I'd like to visit is Japan, because they have a huge textile tradition, also their landscapes, architecture and customs are very beautiful and particular.
I'd love to visit textile fabrics, as well as coexist with artisans and learn as much as I can from them, their traditions and culture.
One of the techniques I consideer more interesting is the boro, more that a technique it's a term used to describe patched fabrics, fabrics that were sew with patches during the XIX and XX centuries. The poorest families could not afford big luxuries, so they would fix their clothes over and over again, impregnating of stories their clothes, passing it from generation to generation.
boroI'd like to study in the Tokyio University of the Arts, obviously they have a textile departament, it must be incredible learn new things from one of the countries that have such a long long tradition in the history of textiles.
Bamboo forest Sagano Arashiyama
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario